Thank you so much for expressing interest in driving for Nash Rides! As we get started, here’s some preliminary things you need to know.
Our Mission is to provide the most outstanding ride service experience!
To be a Nash Rides driver, you will be required to meet these criteria:
- A minimumage requirementof21 years old
- Minimum of 1 year of driving experience.
- If you are less than 23 years old you must have a minimum 3 years driving experience.
- Car insurance under your name
- Insurance must also be in the same state you’ll be driving in and meet that state’s minimum requirements.
- ASocial Security number
- Less than 3 moving vehicle infractions within the past 3 years
- Submission to a background check, which will look for:
- History of operating a vehicle without insurance
- Suspended licenses
- Reckless driving charges
- Criminal history
If you have a clean driving history and no criminal record, you may meet the general requirements to be a Nash Rides driver.
Do I Need a Commercial Driver’s License?
You do not need to possess a commercial driver license (CDL) in order to be a Nash Rides driver. However, due to Davidson County requirements, we highly recommend all our drivers carry the F Endorsement tag. If you do not carry an F Endorsement, you may be ineligible for certain ride opportunities offered by Nash Rides.
Vehicle will need to meet strict criteria to be accepted under Nash Rides minimum standards.
- The vehicle requirements for Nash Rides basic services include:
- Model year no more than 10 years old or newer
- State-issued license plate
- Valid registration
- A working seatbelt for all passengers.
- Must have 4 doors
- Must seat at least 4 passengers, excluding you (the driver)
- Must seat at least 7 passengers, excluding you (the driver)
- Must seat at least 6 passengers, excluding you (the driver)
For SUV Luxury:
- Must seat at least 9 passengers, excluding you (the driver)
Applying to Be a Nash Rides Driver
Once you and your vehicle have met Nash Rides eligibility requirements, you can begin the Nash Rides application process.
- Fill out the application below.
- Submit all required paperwork including copy of driver’s license, vehicle registration, Insurance Policy Declaration Page OR a Statement of Rideshare Coverage, background check permission and completed W9.
- Have your vehicle inspected.
How Nash Rides Works
After you’ve been approved to begin driving as a Nash Rides driver:
- You will need to open the Nash Rides driver app when you’re ready to start accepting rides. Your username will be your e-mail address.
- When a rider requests a ride, the driver closest to them automatically receives the trip request—so if that’s you, the notification will pop up on your app.
- You’ll accept the trip and use the navigation to drive to the client’s pick-up location.
- The app will charge the rider, so you won’t need to collect any fees during your drive. From time to time, riders will choose to pay via cash. Should this happen, company fees will be deducted from your next payroll.
- When the ride is over, you and your rider will have the opportunity to rate one another.
- Nash Rides will pay you through direct deposit.
- Be sure to setup your banking information in your driver app.
- Pay week runs from Mon 4am to Mon 4am. Payout is Wednesday by noon.